Sooner or later, any business is faced with the issue of implementing CRM-system. Today there are many solutions on the market for different niche tasks. When choosing a CRM system, entrepreneurs often decide that there is no ready-made solution for their business and the development of the unique CRM system is needed.
And after realizing that, companies and their owners can face with a lot of difficulties. In this article, we want to talk about the most common issues.
Main stages of CRM implementation
- Develop a strategy. At this stage, after analyzing the situation in the company, goals are set with what they want to achieve when implementing this system.
- Implementation of the project. At this stage, the company that ordered the system should monitor and verify the implementation dates, as well as verify the compliance of the results with the required functionality.
- Starting the system. Check the correct functioning of the program is possible only when it is used, therefore, the functions of the integrator include not only the installation of the CRM system but also the training of employees in its correct use, as well as monitoring the work in the initial stages.
- Analysis of the work based on the wishes and comments of users. After installation and some period of time, it is needed to review the system. It is extremely important to conduct continuous monitoring of work and change the system according to the actual needs of the company.
Advantages of developing your own CRM system
This situation has the following benefits:
- Individualization of the system for specific business processes. It will have any functionality that may be required during the operation of the company development.
- More complete integration of the system into an existing company database. Customized CRM-system will be able to upload and download any information about customers and users in the company database.
- Better scalability of the company`s IT system. Ready-made systems are always designed for a certain level of load – cheaper options may not cope with data processing. Own CRM-system is initially designed taking into account expectations regarding the growth in the number of users.
Disadvantages of creating a private CRM system
There are unambiguous disadvantages of unique CRM development:
- High price. As a rule, such a system will cost more than ready-made solutions. Developers will need to spend a lot of effort to familiarize themselves with the features of the functioning of the business, which further increases the overall budget.
- It takes more time to implement. This applies to both writing code and testing it for error detection. More on the results of the work you need to write the accompanying documentation for users, which will indicate the capabilities of the CRM-system.
- The need for clear goal setting. In any case, the developers will need a detailed work specification. This requires the customer to have a good understanding of the existing business needs, as well as planning for the development of the project.
To sum up, all company`s lifecycle stages including certain document management, accounting, work with staff, the main process (development, production, sales), promotion and infrastructure (office, servers, transport, communications, etc.) intersect with customer relationship management. And automation with CRM will only benefit these relationships.
Let’s us know what other pros and cons you have faced while implementing the CRM. We always read your suggestions on email@example.com.